Mecardo has the experience and industry understanding to deliver insights, solutions and strategy.
Research and consultancy for industry and business development
Mecardo has a unique footprint across the whole supply chain, giving a competitive edge to provide valuable insights.
Across the agriculture sector we are recognised as possessing the required skills, industry understanding and experience to provide research outcomes, advice and recommendations based on underlying analytical market evidence, research and ground truthing consultations. As a result, we deliver advice, strategy, solutions and understanding to a wide range of industry participants including RDC’s, Government, Council, agribusiness and peak bodies.
These services have been delivered with success at regional and national levels with commercial outcomes that are practical, achieve results for business or industry development and provide insight for policy and strategy.
The Mecardo advantage is that as well as a deep understanding of on farm activities, we also have a strong expertise in post farm gate industry and global marketplaces. This ensures that our solutions are viable at all levels of the supply chain, with a delivery approach that ensures high levels of support by stakeholders.
Situational assessments & feasibility studies
Market or customer research
The following private and public sector projects are a selection of those completed by Mecardo:
- Situational assessment and business strategy formulation- Victorian based Livestock Agency
- Australian feed demand analysis- Major Australian grain trading client
- Situational analysis on Australian Cattle market with a focus on Northern production- Private equity firm
- Preparing for change: A new saleyard user demographic- City of Greater Geelong & Colac Otway Shire Council
- Sheepmeat market structures and systems investigation– Meat & Livestock Australia and Sheep Producers Australia
- Evaluation of the GM Moratorium on agricultural price premiums in South Australia– Agricultural Biotechnology Council of Australia
- Farmer-to-Farmer program design- Australian Centre for International Agriculture Research
- Live sheep export brief report- WA Farmers Federation
- Value analysis of the Australian live cattle trade– LiveCorp and Meat & Livestock Australia
- The feasibility of establishing further meat processing capacity in Tasmania- State of Tasmania
- Insights to the grain pricing environment in Victoria- Investor commission
- African Swine Fever- an opportunity or threat to Australian producers?
- Value analysis of the Australian live sheep export trade- LiveCorp and Meat & LIvestock Australia
- Impact of the live sheep export trade’s self-imposed moratorium and regulatory changes- LiveCorp and Meat & Livestock Australia
Want market insights delivered straight to your inbox?
Sign up to the mailing list to get regular updates to new analysis and market outlooks
Listen to the podcast
Join the Mecardo team for the Commodity Conversations podcast, where we provide short weekly market recaps and longer conversations with guests to discuss the drivers and trends in livestock, grain and fibre markets.
Research: Analysis of the Australian sheep flock
In this report for LiveCorp and MLA, we analysed the historical trends in the demographics of the Australian sheep flock, examining domestic factors that influence farm-level enterprise decision making.
SERVICES AND CAPABILITIES STATEMENT BROCHURE
We don’t just bring you the most up to date market insights. Find out more about Mecardo’s services including risk management advisory, modelling, benchmarking, research & consultancy.